Join a thriving private practice in laid-back rural Victoria.
- Overseas trained doctors welcome to apply
- One day/fortnight in a historic outback community
- Enjoy the tranquillity of this beautiful riverside town
Expressions of interest are being sought from General Radiologists looking to work in a well-appointed, private radiology practice in Australia.
For more than a decade, this large practice has delivered imaging services and interventions to a diverse range of people. It sits in a friendly, laid-back, small city surrounded by beautiful countryside. The practice has state of the art equipment and you can expect a varied case load. Whilst this is a stand-alone position there is a large support team on-site and the practice’s association with one of the largest, private, community based radiology groups in Australia means that that you are able to call on a wealth of peer support. As part of the role you will also be required to fly to a frontier, outback town for one-and-a-half days, every two weeks. Here you can experience a unique and intensely satisfying role in an environment that only Australia can offer.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the security of a permanent position.
- Private Practice positions in Australia pay extremely well (this role pays up to GBP276,029).
- The work is generally during office hours. (Mon-Fri, 9-5).
- There is less regulation and paperwork than in the NHS.
- It provides great opportunities for ongoing education.
- You will live in a modern, urban centre with all the accompanying amenities whilst also experiencing regular work in a totally unique outback setting
- You are able to make a real difference to the community
- Warm, sunny days even in the middle of winter and endless blue-skies.
Primarily you will be based in a small city surrounded by beautiful countryside, national-parks, wineries and golf courses. You will be able to enjoy the relaxed life-style of a place with little-to-no commuting time, a low cost of living and a variety of outdoors activities including outstanding golf courses. There is a real sense of community and a very low crime-rate. At the same time you are also able to enjoy the amenities of a well-proportioned, modern city. There are excellent schools and two universities. Only an hour’s flight from Melbourne, the city is popular with tourists and has a well-developed café culture and outstanding dining. The high proportion of Doctors in the community, many from overseas reflects what a great place this is to settle down and raise a family.
In addition to this you can experience the thrill of working in Australia’s remote outback with a short fortnightly trip to one of Australia’s most famous outback settlements.