Good news! The DPA map has been updated and more locations have been given DPA status which is great news for GP’s and practices. It means more options and a greater supply of GP’s in suburban areas and regions.
The following changes take effect from 21 July 2022:
- All areas classified as MM2 under the Modified Monash Model (MMM) classification system will now be automatically classified as DPA.
- All locations that had DPA assessments approved through an exceptional circumstances review in 2021-22 will have their DPA status extended for 12 months until 30 June 2023.
- A number of additional MM1 locations in outer metropolitan areas will also be classified as DPA.
Some popular locations now with DPA status are:
- QLD - Toowoomba, Bundaberg, Townsville, Cairns, Ipswich
- NSW - Batemans Bay, Umina, Newcastle, Wollongong, Central Coast, Tweed Heads
- VIC - Geelong, Ballarat, Frankston
- TAS - Launceston, Davenport
- SA - Blackwood, Golden Grove
- WA - Busselton, Broome, Rockingham
- NT - Automatically deemed DPA
For more information, search your location at the Department of Health and Aged Care Health Workforce Locator.