Start your journey by registering with Wavelength
Your first stop on your trip to Australia involves having a confidential chat with one of our expert teams. We regularly help overseas-trained doctors from comparable healthcare countries such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada and more find exciting roles in all corners of Australia.
Once you’ve secured your dream role, our in-house regulatory and migration team swings into action to assist with any requirements such as AHPRA and Medicare applications, medical college registrations, immigration visas and more. Our team helps you every step of the way with all the paperwork to ensure a smooth relocation process.
Find out more about the GP qualifications required to work in Australia, and register below to request a chat with one of our expert team of recruitment consultants.
What are the benefits of working as a Doctor in Australia?
Besides the beautiful climate, stunning beaches and world heritage rainforests, Australia offers a diverse range of medical job opportunities in a hugely varied range of locations. We have roles available in our vibrant cities, friendly regional towns and laid-back remote outback communities.
A medical career in Australia also offers:
- The chance to work in a modern well-run health system, with a large private and public health sector,
- Flexibility, with roles for locums, part-time and full-time options to provide work-life balance,
- A safe community to live and work in, offering good housing, transport options and schools,
- Competitive remuneration. Average salaries are:
- Registrars – from $100,000 to $180,000
- Staff Grade/CMOs – from $130,000 - $280,000
- Specialists – from $200,000 - $500,000
Don’t just take our word for it. Read our article to find out why seven UK and Irish doctors made the life-changing move to Australia.
Take the first step towards an exciting, rewarding medical career in Australia
Our team are here to make your dream of a life in Australia a reality. Register below and one of our experienced recruitment consultants will be in touch within 24 hours. Plus, we’ll also send you our comprehensive guide to living and working in Australia.