Register
with us

Click here
Register Now

Staff Specialist Nephrologist

Join this tertiary teaching hospital as a Staff Specialist Nephrologist in Victorian wine country

  • Autonomous role within a collaborative, teaching environment
  • Tertiary teaching hospital with strong, strategic alliances
  • Mild climate, big skies, welcoming locals
The Position
In this role, you will provide high quality and efficient specialist services to patients, whilst managing junior medical staff and providing services on a consultative basis to the affiliated outpatient clinic.  This is a collaborative environment whereby you will participate in service improvement initiatives and assist in the coordination, direction and control of the medical service in association with colleagues, Nurse Unit Managers, DMS and CEO.

Your duties will be divided between 80% direct clinical care, with the remaining 20% directed towards administrative and teaching duties.  Equal participation in an on-call after hours’ roster, no greater than 1:3 is required. 

The Hospital
The hospital is a 146 bed level 1 tertiary teaching hospital, supported by strategic alliances with the Victorian State Government, universities and other tertiary facilities in Victoria. There are 2 units of 32 beds each that are shared between medical and surgical meaning the number of beds allocated can vary depending on need. Services are supported by 3 theatres, an endoscopy suite, a 16 bed day unit, a 9 chair dialysis unit, a 4 chair chemotherapy unit and an 18 bed acute geriatric/rehabilitation and palliative care unit.

Located in the beautiful wine belt region, the hospital provides a range of acute services including Emergency, Maternity, Intensive Care, General Medicine and Surgery, Medical Imaging, Pathology, Dialysis, Mental Health (Inpatient and community services) and a range of Ambulatory Services and caters for a catchment population of approximately 80,000.

The Location
Located on the Victorian side of the Murray River, this stunning region is best known for its mild climate, big skies, rich earth and welcoming locals. It’s here you will discover the breathtaking natural beauty and experience fantastic local wine and produce that is readily available at restaurants, markets, eateries and cellar doors. Whether you’re an avid golfer, wine enthusiast or family of four- the city offers a wide-range of activities for all sorts. 

The city centre is a major regional shopping destination, offering a mix of fashion retail stores, a large Target and Woolworth’s.  The city’s airport is serviced by regular flights to Sydney and Melbourne and coaches connect major regional and city centres with the city.

Essential Criteria
To be successful in applying for this position you must hold FRACP or equivalent and be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. Our client is looking for a candidate  
with recent experience in general medicine and a commitment to teaching and training medical, nursing and allied health students.

Unless you are a native English speaker you must also meet the English language proficiency requirements. If you are unsure if you meet the selection criteria please forward a copy of your most recent resume and I will assess your eligibility and will advise you of your options.
 
This is a wonderful opportunity to have a rewarding career with a great place to live for the whole family. Register your interest today! 
 

The best people, better placed for the best positions

Share, follow and join the conversation