Live and work in an amazing coastal location that combines the beauty of the tropics with the excitement of the city
- Less than a 2 hour flight to Brisbane
- Attractive salary package
- Ample attractions and adventures to settle all appetites
Rehabilitation Mental Health Services
- The rehabilitation Service has 4 different teams. This includes a 27-bed residential facility that offers dual disability treatment for people who have long term residual and complex mental health needs.
- The service also covers community teams and a secure mental health unit
- There is both Community and Inpatient services available. The Acute Adult Inpatient unit consists of a 36-beds.
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Team provides a mental health service to all treatment areas, as well as Dual Diagnosis Coordinators, Multicultural Mental Health Coordinator, Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator, Mental Health Intervention / Intellectual Disability Coordinator, Neuropsychology, Primary Care Liaison Officer and Specialist Clinics.
- They are ideally seeking a doctor with specialised training in ECT
- This service covers the wide geographically area.
- This service facilitates cultural safe access to equitable mental health care for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
The Health Service
You will work for a health service that provides a range of mental health services to meet the mental health needs of people living in North Queensland. The health service offers a supportive environment for employees in a progressive workplace.
This coastal city, located less than a two-hour flight from Brisbane, combines the beauty of the tropics with the excitement and convenience of a major city. The city is probably most renowned as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and this brings tourists and diving enthusiast from around the world. With its marvellous climate and beautiful countryside landscapes, it retains its country town charm and laid back lifestyle despite the size, copious amenities and abundance of activities the city has to offer.
Ideally located on the Great Barrier Reef, here you can take advantage of the gorgeous weather and go diving, snorkelling, swimming or boating amid the rich clusters of coral and warm, azure waters of the ocean. Fishing is also an extremely popular past-time for locals and visitors alike, so why not visit one of the many seasonal fishing haunts in the area and see if you can catch yourself a Coral Trout, a Red Throat Emperor or a Bommie Cod. With 1,200 and 2,000 species of fish, not to mention all the dolphins, sea turtles, dugongs and whales, who all make the Great Barrier Reef their home; you are sure to catch sight of one of these spectacular sea creatures whilst on one of your ocean adventures!
For days spent on dry land, you have just as much to explore due to the diverse mix of outback and rainforest areas, and entertainment facilities. Hiking, walking, camping, cannoning and even jack-or-jill-a-rooing options are available for the adventurous at heart. The city itself has been designed to make the most of its breathtaking scenery, with a long tropical beach and garden strip designed to entice visitors and locals to explore the outdoors and many annual events are held in this area. You can explore the tropical mall, entertainment centre and casino, or treat yourself to a night out at the theatre or one of 15 cinemas in the city. There are also 3 golf courses, a maritime museum, RAAF and military museums and a wildlife sanctuary to keep you thoroughly entertained.
With its spectacular natural beauty and excellent amenities and facilities, the city is also an extremely attractive area to raise a family, owing to its healthy real estate market and vast array of excellent schooling options, so you can be sure that you and your family can enjoy a truly comfortable lifestyle.
Wavelength is an industry recognised, award-winning medical recruitment agency. We have spent the last 18 years finding jobs for healthcare professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand. Use the relationships we have fostered with our extensive network of hospitals to ensure your CV gets premium exposure, and you get access to the best jobs possible.
Wavelength takes the hassle out of looking for a new job. Whether you are looking to further your career, need a new challenge or are interested in a change of scenery, we have the knowledge and resources to help. We understand your needs and make the whole process easy.
Our range of specialist career consultants also includes a dedicated team of migration agents, who will be happy to assist with all aspects of your registration and visa processes if required.
|Australia/NZ||Must hold FRANZCP and be eligible for Specialist registration with AHPRA|
|UK/Ireland||Must hold MRCPsych / FRCPsych plus UK Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) and have been practicing as a Consultant for 3 years or more|
|USA||Must hold Certificate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and have been practicing as a Consultant for 3 years or more.|
|Canada||Must hold Fellowship in Psychiatry or Certificate in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and have been practicing as a Consultant for 3 years or more.|
Contact Siobhan today to find out more about this role and many others available.