In order to perform our functions and activities as a recruitment agency we will need to collect personal information about you.
Wavelength International Privacy Collection Notice & Consent to Electronic Transactions
Personal information may range from the sensitive (e.g. relevant medical history or criminal history) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements.
We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities as a recruitment agency. We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted. If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal information will be collected by Wavelength International for its own use and on behalf of our clients who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
Your personal information will be held by Wavelength International on our database, network and in our Sydney based office. Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members only for the proper performance of our functions or activities as a recruitment agency.
How to contact us
Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people such as referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities and educational institutions, who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered.
We also conduct regular web based research and only do to obtain relevant information that may impact your job search and/or with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
The following Australian laws require or authorise our collection of personal information from you:
- Migration Act 1958 (C’th) and Migration Regulations 1994 (C’th);
- Private Employment Agents (Code of Conduct) Regulation 2005 (Qld);
There may be cases where our duties of care or contractual duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs.
When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us all or part of the information we need:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Use of your personal information
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- the necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, c.v., nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- our statutory compliance obligations;
- to send you relevant marketing information providing you have agreed to receive it.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Wavelength International;
- a person who seeks a reference about you;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- criminal record checking agencies;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers and database cleansing partners some of whom may be off shore;
- a parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients
We are likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients only for our functions or activities as a recruitment agency. The countries in which the overseas recipients to whom we are likely to disclose your personal information are likely to be located in:
- New Zealand - to our New Zealand based clients for the purpose of assessing your eligibility for employment;
- New Zealand – to contacts at the Medical Council of New Zealand for the purpose of medical registration applications;
- New Zealand – to immigration lawyers for the purpose of immigration applications;
- Singapore - to our Singapore based clients for the purpose of assessing your eligibility for employment;
- Malaysia – for our data cleansing and auditing partner to ensure data integrity and compliance
We conduct transactions electronically as well as in hard copy and by face to face measures. It is important that you understand that there are risks associated with the use of electronic technologies and the use of the internet and you should take all appropriate steps to protect your personal information.