Chase the sun to this tropical location as you take the next step in your career
- Join a close-knit and dedicated team
- Make a difference in the health and well being of the community
- Be rewarded for your hard work with a competitive salary and additional benefits
Wavelength is seeking an Infectious Diseases Staff Specialist to take on a Permanent position providing high-quality care to clients with infectious diseases (including HIV/AIDS, Hep B and C and Tuberculosis) in both acute and non-acute service settings. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated high level of clinical knowledge in Infectious Diseases management and a strong commitment to research and education as well as exceptional leadership skills.
This state-of-the-art hospital offers a wide range of medical services to a growing population of approximately 230,000. The Hospital has 305 beds and is the main referral hospital for Central QLD. The hospitals modern, 24-hour Emergency Department sees approximately 48,000 presentations per annum, with a total of 38,991 patients admitted to the Hospital for medical services. The Infectious Diseases Physician will also work within the Hospital in the Home service and provide inpatient and outpatient consultancy of these and other infectious diseases at the hospital.
Situated half-way between Brisbane and Townsville, this town is a short drive to the pristine beaches and national parklands of Queensland. The town has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and offers plenty of activities to keep you and your family entertained; including museums, botanical gardens, a crocodile farm and a local zoo. The beach is perfect for snorkelling, scuba diving and boating. Locally there are four shopping centres with plenty of alfresco dining options for you to enjoy the tropical climate. The region is well served by both private and public schools, including several for boarders, alongside being easily accessible via all modes of transport.
To be eligible in applying for this position you will hold:
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist in Infectious Diseases with AHPRA.
• Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in the speciality of Infectious Diseases, or support from the College for Staff Grade Infectious Diseases Physician status.
• Driver's licence (C class)