Work as a GP providing quality healthcare for Australian Defence Force Members and enjoy a competitive remuneration package
- Dynamic working environment
- 37.5 hour week, with no weekends or on-call
- Great conditions and benefits
A rare opportunity is on offer for a GP to make a real difference and provide state-of-the-art healthcare to members of the Australian Defence Force. The Australian Defence Force (ADF) is looking for a Medical Officer to work 37.5 hours per week and is providing a competitive remuneration package! With approximately 20 patients per day, you can spend time with ADF members as you see fit. The medical officer will closely coordinate with the Joint Health Unit (JHU) Commanding Officer (CO), Joint Health Command (JHC) Health Centre Manager and Commanders of units.
On offer is an extremely rewarding workplace, with a supportive environment and a range of benefits. Extensive training is provided to ensure you are comfortable within your role and you can provide a high standard of medical care to all members. The position requires you to work 37.5 hours per week, with those hours being 7:30am to 4:30pm weekdays. With no weekend work and optional on-call, this position provides ultimate work-life balance. The medical officer will be assigned to work at HMAS Albatross. It is the largest operational Naval establishment and the Navy's only Air Station.
Make a real difference and work for the Australian Defence Force providing much needed care to their members. Work-life balance and a competitive remuneration package is on offer!
You will be situated at HMAS Albatross, Nowra, NSW, which is located approximately one hour from Wollongong. Set inland on the Shoalhaven River between Shoalhaven Heads, Berry and Ulladulla, this town is one of the largest on the NSW South Coast. It is a short drive to any of the 36 towns and villages dotted along the coastline, each boasting their own unique style and quick access to oceans and lakes. The surrounding area is known for farming, with the fertile fields of Kangaroo Valley just minutes away. This makes for a town with access to great local produce which you’ll often find in the suburb’s restaurants, and great wineries nearby.
• Australian Citizen
• Specialist Registration as a General Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
• FACRRM, FARGP, FRACGP, or equivalent suitable experience and training
• A minimum of 5 years Full-Time post graduate general practitioner experience (or part-time equivalent) as determined by RACGP and ACRRM
• Experience in supervising GP Registrars
• Current certification from the appropriate provider of the AGPT program