Have you been looking for a career where your work environment stretches to the horizon?
- Picturesque landscape right before your work window
- ED or ICU experience required
- Attractive remuneration package with many additional benefits
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements, remote allowance, relocation assistance, a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing professional development support.
Who are we looking for? To be successful in this role ideally you should have:
• A minimum of five years post graduate experience
• General Practice or Primary Health Care experience
• Emergency Medicine experience
• Anaesthetics and/or ICU experience
• Current Advanced Life Support (ALS2) or equivalent
Fellowship in General Practice (FRACGP, FACRRM) is highly regarded. It is essential that you are currently registered or have the ability to be registered with AHPRA (Medical Board of Australia). RACGP PEP-Specialist Pathway eligible international candidates and GPs holding Specialist Registration with AHPRA are eligible for this role.
There are three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland Section). We want people who:
• Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
• Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
• Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial and KPI-driven environment.
This emergency retrieval service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, delivering quality care to thousands of Australians every year. This iconic service has expanded to provide regular transfers of patients for life-saving surgery such as organ transplants and heart surgery, delivering critical support to those who need it most. It also delivers a broad range of essential health care services to rural and remote communities, including general practice, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, child and family health, social and emotional wellbeing, women's health and health promotion.
You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team and will be liaising with the Flight Nurse, Pilot and other team members. Part of your duty would also be providing clinical supervision of junior doctors, registrars, nurse practitioners and colleagues. You would also cover Telehealth consultations, liaise with the RSQ and accompany patients on transport when necessary.
You will be embracing a unique professional challenge where the skills that you’ve worked so hard to acquire will make a difference to people’s everyday lives.
Imagine your day starting with a flight over the most spectacular countryside in Australia!
The service is ideally situated in Queensland’s vast North West in arid, and romantic, Outback Australia. Affectionately known as the ‘oasis of the outback ‘- a gleaming mirage on the horizon for travellers from all directions. It is a bustling melting pot of culture and industry being home to one the most productive single mines and the southern hemisphere’s largest rodeo. Witness a picturesque landscape that has become the main drawcards for visitors each year. This city has ample places to fish, camp or relax and enjoy an outback sunset.