Develop your emergency skills working in the UK !
- Scenic coastal location
- Visit nearby European cities during your time off
- Active and supportive department
Located near one of the most scenic seaside destinations in England, this facilty services the local resident population and some of the 3.3 million day trippers visiting the region each year. The region boasts miles of highly-praised golden sands which are complimented by lively bars and popular restaurants.
The facility provides 261 inpatient beds and all major services including surgery and medical specialties, maternity services, community paediatrics and child and adolescent mental health services. The hospital has two dedicated day case operating theatres together with a 22 patient single sex day case ward area, pre-op clinic and new endoscopy unit.
Working as part of a team you will see a variety of Emergency cases presenting to the department, providing prompt and appropriate responses to determine a management strategy or plan for each. You will review any concerns regarding diagnosis or management of patients by other medical staff and if necessary in consultation with the lead consultant. You may be required to provide supervision to some junior doctors as well. Hours are undertaken as per the current shift rota with no on call requirements.
To be successful in applying for this position you must hold the following key requirements:
• Hold MBBS / MBChB / MRCEM or equivelant
• Be fluent in English – (Both verbal & Written)
• Hold registration with the GMC or be eligible for registration
• Provider in PALS/APLS, ALS and ATLS or its equivalent
• Training or Teaching qualifications would also be desirable