Outstanding DMS opportunity to lead the delivery of medical services and inspire the medical team at Mareeba Hospital.
- Mareeba Hospital (52 beds) - 60 mins from Cairns
- Provide a high standard of care to patients through the delivery of quality medical services
- Leadership role involved in all aspects of management including recruitment, rostering, complaints management, policy & procedure, and education
About The Role
- Providing leadership and promoting clinical excellence in the delivery of medical practice, and ongoing line management, recruitment and rostering of medical staff
- Implementing and maintaining effective governance and management of clinical safety, quality and risk across hospital
- Facilitating and participating in clinical audits, ACHS accreditations, and investigating/resolving any clinical incidents or complaints
- Providing expert advice to various stakeholders, and day-to-day management including budgets, clinical management, planning and evaluation of medical services
- Taking part in a rotating roster as a Rural Generalist within Obstetrics, Emergency or Anaesthetics, and providing supervision and mentorship to medical staff and students
About The Hospital
Mareeba Hospital is a 52-bed Level 3 facility servicing the Mareeba District with a large Indigenous population, and also provide outreach services to the township of Dimbulah, Chillagoe, as well as the nearby Lotus Glen Correctional Centre. Caseload includes emergency presentations with trauma and acute illnesses, care of inpatients including paediatrics and a general practice outpatient clinic. Other services include Medical & Surgical, Maternity, Cancer Care, Renal Dialysis, Allied Health and Community Care.
- AHPRA Reg as a Medical Practitioner and Fellowship with ACRRM, ARGP or RACGP-RG
- Advanced rural skills certification in Obstetrics, Emergency or Anaesthetics and willingness to participate in a rotating roster as a Rural Generalist
- Associate Fellowship or Fellowship with RACMA is high desirable
- Demonstrated skills in supervision, teaching and professional development at all levels with the ability to engage and build effective working relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills including effective negotiation and conflict resolution, and high level management skills to effectively delegate tasks and meet deadlines
About The Benefits
- Attractive remuneration: $204,206 - $258,910 + Up to 12.75% Super (depending on experience)
- Minimum 5 weeks annual leave and 17.5% annual leave loading
- $20,700 annual inaccessibility allowance (100% paid after 12 months completion period)
- Access to professional development allowance or vocational training subsidy
- Relocation assistance and salary packaging options
The successful candidate MUST have Rights to Work in AUS, a valid driver licence and comply with QLD Health occupational assessment, pre-employment screening and vaccination policies.
To register your interest in this opportunity, click “Apply Now”. Alternatively, please call, email or text Dominic Tan for more details.