Provide leadership and direction in the delivery of medical services within a regional hospital in Far North Queensland.
- Atherton Hospital (56 beds) - 80 mins from Cairns
- Take part in a rotating roster as a Rural Generalist in Obstetrics, Emergency or Anaesthetics
- Maintain clinical governance and supervise/mentor junior medical staff and students
About The Role
- Implementing and maintaining effective governance and management of clinical safety, quality and risk across hospital
- Facilitating and participating in clinical audits, ACHS accreditations, and investigating/resolving any clinical incidents or complaints
- Providing leadership and promoting clinical excellence in the delivery of medical practice, and ongoing line management, recruitment and rostering of medical staff
- Taking part in a rotating roster as a Rural Generalist within Obstetrics, Emergency or Anaesthetics, and providing supervision and mentorship to medical staff and students
- Providing expert advice to various stakeholders, and day-to-day management including budgets, clinical management, planning and evaluation of medical services
About The Hospital
Atherton Hospital is a 56-bed rural facility with a strong commitment to Rural Generalist training; providing training posts for Generalist Registrars with ACRRM and RACGP, and also support rotational PHOs from Cairns on 10-week terms in the ED, and intern terms on the wards. The hospital services the Atherton Tablelands area and provide outreach to Malanda, Millaa Millaa, Mount Garnet, Ravenshoe, Croydon, Forsayth and Georgetown. Services include 24hr Emergency Care, Medical & Surgical, Maternity, Day Surgery, Cancer Care, Specialist Outpatient, Renal Dialysis, Allied Health and Community Care.
- AHPRA Reg as a Medical Practitioner and Fellowship with ACRRM, ARGP or RACGP-RG
- Advanced rural skills certification in Obstetrics, Emergency or Anaesthetics and willingness to participate in a rotating roster as a Rural Generalist
- Associate Fellowship or Fellowship with RACMA is high desirable
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align medical services and medical workforce planning with organisational strategic direction, and exceptional organisational and leadership skills to effectively manage, mentor, motivate and supervise a team
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise, consult and negotiate complex issues with a wide variety of stakeholders
About The Benefits
- Attractive remuneration: $204,206 - $258,910 + 12.75% Super (depending on experience)
- Minimum 5 weeks annual leave and 17.5% annual leave loading
- $13,800 annual inaccessibility allowance (100% paid after 12 months completion period)
- Access to professional development allowance or vocational training subsidy
- Relocation assistance and salary packaging options
The successful candidate MUST have Rights to Work in AUS, a valid driver licence and comply with QLD Health occupational assessment, pre-employment screening and vaccination policies.
To register your interest in this opportunity, click “Apply Now”. Alternatively, please call, email or text Dominic Tan for more details.