Let us help you find the best Emergency Medicine jobs
Access the largest range of Emergency Medicine jobs via our extensive network of public and private hospitals in Australia and New Zealand.
We have regular Emergency locum jobs and permanent Emergency Medicine roles available across all states, from the fringes of metro and coastal areas to regional cities, rural towns, and outback communities. Our experienced Emergency Physician Team will provide invaluable advice every step of the way, negotiating and securing the most rewarding Emergency Medicine job to suit your priorities and career pathway.
To experience our personalised service and benefit from our 20-year strong reputation, register your details with our Emergency Medicine team today.
Average Emergency Physician Salary
Emergency doctors working in Australia can expect to earn the following:
- Junior Emergency Doctors: approximately $76,000 to $93,000 per year
- Middle-grade Emergency Doctors: approximately $88,000 to $125,000 per year
- Career Medical Officers: approximately $200,000-$300,000 per year
- Permanent Emergency Medicine Consultants: approximately $250,000 to $500,000 per year, depending on experience and location
- Locum Emergency Medicine Consultant: rates range from $2000 to $2800 per day
What Grades of Emergency Medicine do we recruit for?
Our emergency medicine team provide guidance and exclusive access to the best emergency medicine Jobs in the following areas:
What Emergency Medicine jobs can you find in Australia and New Zealand?
- Hospital-based Emergency Medicine jobs
- Adult and Paediatric Emergency medicine
- Trauma Services
- Rural Emergency Medicine
- Director of Emergency Medicine roles
What qualifications do you need to work as an Emergency Doctor in Australia and New Zealand?
The specialist qualification in Australia and New Zealand is Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM). You can compare your training program to the ACEM training program to see if it is comparable in terms of content, duration, governance and assessment. If so, it may be worth you applying for Specialist Assessment in Australia or Vocational registration in New Zealand.
International qualifications that are often deemed comparable include:
- UK/Ireland – FCEM+CCT
- Canada – FRCPC
- USA – ABEM (by examination)
All our Doctors have access to expert advice on the registration process with the College, AHPRA, and Medicare, plus migration advice from our in-house registered migration agents.