COVID-19 doctor travel updates – Australian border restrictions and conditions for doctors
Last updated: 3:00 p.m. 26/10/21
Doctors are still needed throughout Australia for locum and permanent jobs, but navigating the ever-changing state restrictions and border regulations is an almost impossible task.
As always, our team of medical recruitment consultants plus our in-house Regulatory and Migration experts are here to help. We are keeping track of the changes daily so you have access to accurate advice on where you can travel to for work. We will also help you apply for border permits and exemptions where required.
You can find a summary for each state and territory below. If you have any questions, please get in touch with your dedicated recruitment consultant.
1. Travel between Australian states and territories top tips
When travelling to and from work, make sure you have the following:
- Your current ID
- Evidence of your AHPRA registration
- A printed copy of your Job Confirmation Letter with the hospital contact information
- A copy of the Hospital Locum Contract
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- A printed copy of any relevant border pass information or self-quarantine exemption decisions (State by State requirements)
2. Travel restrictions and self-isolation information by state: